Monday, October 29, 2012
State of Emergency Declaration: Full Text
JOINT EXECUTIVE ORDER 2012-1
OF THE TOWN AND VILLAGE OF NEW PALTZ
ESTABLISHING A STATE OF EMERGENCY
WHEREAS, the Supervisor of the Town of New Paltz, acting in her capacity as chief executive officer of the Town of New Paltz and the mayor of the Village of New Paltz, acting in his capacity as chief executive officer of the Village of New Paltz, have determined that a natural disaster exists or is reasonably anticipated to be imminent based upon due diligence in the form of weather forecasts, in the form of storm conditions including but not necessarily limited to extraordinarily heavy rainfall, flooding, and ancillary impacts of same; and
WHEREAS, in anticipation of said disaster and during its occurrence and aftermath, the Supervisor and Mayor find the extraordinary measures are required to allow for municipal preparedness, action, and recovery from said natural disaster, and in order to respond to and prevent the imperilment of the public during such natural disaster;
THEREFORE BE IT HERETO ORDERED:
1. That a State of Emergency be declared for the entire area contained within both the Town and the Village of New Paltz.
2. That said State of Emergency shall be in effect from 12:00pm on Monday, October 29, 2012 until lifted by subsequent Joint Executive Order of the Supervisor and Mayor of New Paltz.
3. That for the duration of said State of Emergency, the Supervisor of the Town of New Paltz and the Mayor of the Village of New Paltz shall have necessary authority to act in response to the natural disaster, pursuant to the law and this or any other Executive order, within each other’s municipal jurisdiction such that in the absence of one, the other is duly designated to act in the role of Emergency Management Coordinator and/or Incident Commander. This is including, but not limited to, the authority to direct municipal personnel.
4. That for the duration of said State of Emergency, all Village and Town Dept. Heads have mutual and concurrent authority to operate within each other’s jurisdiction.
5. That for the duration of the State of Emergency, the Supervisor of the Town of New Paltz and the Mayor of the Village of New Paltz are hereby authorized to waive any and all site plan conditions and special use permit conditions at their discretion if said action is in the best interest of the public health, safety and welfare.
6. The Supervisor and/or Mayor may request and accept assistance from any political subdivision and may receive therefrom and utilize any real or personal property or the service of any personnel thereof on such terms and conditions as may be mutually agreed to by the chief executives of the requesting and assisting political subdivisions.
7. Upon the receipt of a request for assistance made by the chief executive of any other political subdivision, the Supervisor and/or Mayor may give, lend or lease, on such terms and conditions as may be deemed necessary to promote the public welfare and protect the interests of such political subdivision, any services, equipment, facilities, supplies or other resources of his political subdivision. Any lease or loan of real or personal property pursuant to this provision, or any transfer of personnel pursuant hereto, shall be only for the purpose of assisting a political subdivision in emergency relief, reconstruction, or rehabilitation made necessary by the disaster.
8. The Supervisor and/or Mayor are hereby authorized and empowered to and shall use any and all facilities, equipment, supplies, personnel and other resources of the political subdivision in such manner as may be necessary or appropriate to cope with the disaster or any emergency resulting therefrom.
9. That the Supervisor and/or Mayor may at any time convene an Emergency Operations Center.
This order shall be executed in quadruplicate originals and one original shall be filed in the office of the Village Clerk, One copy filed in the office of the Town Clerk, one copy delivered to the County Clerk, and one copy delivered to the New York State Secretary of State.
A copy of this Order shall be delivered to the New Paltz Times and other area news outlets for public distribution as soon as practicable for publication.
So ordered, this the Twenty Ninth day of October 2012.
Susan, Zimet, Supervisor of the Town of New Paltz
Jason West, Mayor of the Village of New Paltz