Central Hudson Press Release
Message from Time Warner
Hudson Valley numbers:
- Make a payment
- Report an electric power outage
- Check status of an outage
- View outage summary by county and municipality
- View the outage map
- View payment locations
- View contact information
Storm Preparations & Tips
- Subscribe to NY Alert (www.NYALERT.gov) to get the latest watches and warnings directly from the National Weather Service.
- Have a family disaster plan.
- Be especially conscious to look out for the elderly, disabled and children.
- Plan for your pets, as pets are not allowed in general population shelters.
- Be prepared for extended power outages. Have a supply of batteries, a battery operated radio, and flashlights. Avoid the use of candles whenever possible due to the fire hazard.
- Have enough potable water for each person. One gallon per person, per day is recommended.
- Have a quantity of nonperishable food and a manual can opener.
- Have a first aid kit and extra medications on hand.
- Have a small quantity of cash on hand in case ATM machines are without power.
- Heed all official warnings including orders to evacuate.
- Never drive through flooded roadways: “turn around, don’t drown!”
- Assume that all down wires are energized and stay away from them.
- Never operate a generator or charcoal cooking appliance indoors because of the great danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Keep in mind that the wide area of impact will affect the availability of all resources, including, but not limited to the Red Cross and utilities.
- Follow the advice of www.ready.gov – Get a Kit, Make a Plan, Be Informed.
American Red Cross App
From your mobile phone, call "**REDCROSS" (**73327677) and they will send you a link to download the app to your phone or you can download them directly from the iTunes or Google Play app stores.